*When selling your
Appearance and overall condition play a major role.
Here are some easy things you can do to make your home more appealing to buyers. It is estimated that more than half the houses are sold before the buyers even get out of their cars.
So stand across the street from your house and review its “curb appeal.”
* Sweep front walkway and driveway. Pressure-washing the front walkway and driveway will make them look like new!
* Remove newspapers, bikes and toys.
* Park extra cars away from the property.
* Trim back the shrubs.
* Apply fresh, clean paint throughout.
* Clean windows and window coverings throughout.
* Keep pet areas clean.
* Keep plumbing and all appliances in working order.
* Maintain all sealant (window, tub, shower, sink, etc.) in good condition.
* Make sure roof and gutters are in good condition.
* Mow the lawn more frequently, and plant flowers.
* Kitchen and bathrooms should shine.
* Quick once-over with the vacuum; carpets should be clean, and free of spots.
* Place fresh flowers in the main rooms.
* Put dishes away, unless setting a formal display for decoration.
* Make beds and put all clothes away.
* Enhance the spaciousness of each room.
* Open drapes and turn on lights for a brighter feel.
* Straighten closets. Clear out floors of closets to make them appear more spacious.
* Put toys away.
* Turn off television.
* Play soft music on the radio/stereo.
* Keep pets out of the way and pet areas clean and odor-free.
* Secure jewelry, cash, prescription medication and other valuables.
* Potential buyers usually feel more comfortable if the owners are not present.
* If people unaccompanied by an agent request to see your property, please refer them to your real estate professional for an appointment.
* Leave a number where you can be reached if you are leaving town, even for a weekend.